Accreditations by the Nation's Professional Bodies
Many of our courses are accredited by relevant professional bodies, further strengthening employment prospects for our graduates.
Our industry links with professional bodies can mean enhanced opportunities for you to take part in relevant work placements, visit sites of interests and hear from visiting speakers who are industry experts.
- The School of Journalism is ‘Recognised for Excellence’ by the European Journalism Training Association.
- The School of Journalism and the School of Media have BBC Education Partner Status.
- All LLB (Hons) Law programmes are qualifying law degrees, enabling graduates to move straight to the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) or the Legal Practice Course (LPC).
- All Psychology programmes are accredited by the British Psychological Society as conferring eligibility for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership – the first step towards becoming a psychologist.
- Forensic Science has the Skillsmark endorsement from Skills for Justice. It also has Royal Society of Chemistry recognition.
We offer courses accredited or validated by the following recognised professional bodies:
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) - Architecture.
- Architects Registration Board (ARB) - Architecture.
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development - HRM
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) - Accountancy.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) - Accountancy.
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI) - All Management courses
- Institute of Analysts and Programmers - All courses in the Computing and Technology section of the UG Prospectus
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) - Social Work
- British Acupuncture Accreditation Board (BAAB) - Acupuncture
- National Institute of Medical Herbalists - Herbal Medicine
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) - Nursing
- Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC) - Journalism
- Periodical Training Council (PTC) - Journalism
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) - Marketing
- Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) - PR
- Institute of Biomedical Sciences (IBMS) - Biomedical Science
- Forensic Science Society - Forensic Science
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Science (BASES) - Sports and Exercise Science