Prepare for a postgraduate degree with the Pre-Masters
For a Masters degree at the University of Lincoln you will need:
- A range of academic and learning skills, which you may not have experienced in your home country
- The ability to adapt to a new cultural environment and thrive academically
- The right academic qualification and a substantial understanding of the subject
- The ability to use English in the academic environment to a high standard
The Pre-Masters is an intensive two term programme of academic, English language and study skills designed to prepare you for postgraduate study at the University of Lincoln. You can start the programme in either January or April, in either case you will progress to your chosen Masters degree in September.
Depending on the Masters degree you want to prepare for, we offer two different subject-specific routes:
- Pre-Masters in Business and Management
- Pre-Masters in Engineering.
Progression to a masters degree
All students joining a pre-masters programme at Lincoln will receive a conditional offer of a place on a choice of masters degrees at the university. Providing you successfully complete the course you will then progress directly on to your chosen masters. See the Pre-Masters subject pages above for details on course progression.
Personal monitoring and support
The Pre-Masters is validated by the University of Lincoln and taught by specialists in university preparation. Students’ progress is monitored at all times to make sure that they remain on track to successfully complete the programme.