Foundations in Contemporary Emergency Care Practice
Learning Beyond Registration
Continuing Professional Development Short Courses for Health Professionals
60 credits at level 6
In order to provide high quality patient centred care within the emergency care setting, health care practitioners required additional education and training. This course has been designed to support practitioners to develop the essential skills and knowledge to manage patients effectively within the emergency care setting.
Practitioners will be encouraged to challenge their core knowledge and skills in order to deliver high quality holistic patient care in this dynamic and ever changing speciality.
- An analysis and evaluation of the knowledge and skills underpinning the holistic care of patients presenting in emergency care settings
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology in relation to patients presenting in emergency care with common conditions that require emergency treatment
- Develop skills and knowledge in practical skills relating to their area of work
- An opportunity to practice skills under supervision in own area of work and in relation to own area of expertise
- Provide evidence of learning in the forms of practice based supervision, portfolio development and critical analysis of own practice relating to a care episode in their area of work
Health Professional qualification and 12 months post-registration work experience. LBR funding is available for this module and the 60 credits can be used towards the top-up degree for health professionals, BSc (Hons) Professional Practice. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Part-time, 22 taught weeks from October 2013 (1 day per week).
Delivered at the University, Lincoln County Hospital and by distance learning methods.
7 October 2013
14 October 2013
21 October 2013
28 October 2013
4 November 2013
11 November 2013
18 November 2013
25 November 2013
2 December 2013
9 December 2013
16 December 2013
3 March 2014
10 March 2014
17 March 2014
24 March 2014
31 March 2014
7 April 2014
14 April 2014
28 April 2014
6 May 2014 (Tuesday)
12 May 2014
19 May 2014
This course may be eligible for funding on LBR programmes, supported by East Midlands LETB, a sub-committee of NHS East Midlands. Please check website for details at http://lbr.eastmidlands.nhs.uk
Contact: email@example.com for a registration form and further details.
BSc (Hons) Professional Practice