People, Personality & Disorder in mental health care
Learning Beyond Registration
15 credits at level 6 (degree level)
This course seeks to introduce students to a framework that can enhance existing attitude, knowledge and skills and be safely applied to everyday encounters with service users who have pervasive and persistent difficulties around managing their relationship with themselves and their social environment.
The core curriculum includes:
- What is personality and how can it be disordered?
- The personal socio-cultural and ideological context of personality disorder
- Core therapeutic foundations for working with this group of service users
- Arriving at shared understandings with service users and carers
- Building commitment to change
- Strategies for improving psychological functioning
- Strategies for improving social and interpersonal functioning
- Strategies for working with crisis and risk situations
- Case management
- Working on own thoughts and feelings.
and will involve 6 days of classroom based learning and 20 hours of web-based learning. Students are required to submit 4 x 800 word written assignments.
All courses within the LBR portfolio are accredited and these credits can be used towards the BSc (Hons) Professional Practice degree award. For further information on the award, please see the BSc (Hons) Professional Practice entry on the LBR course page or contact email@example.com
Note: All communications will be by email, to place of work email addresses.
June 2013 dates
4 June 2013
11 June 2013
18 June 2013
25 June 2013
2 July 2013
9 July 2013
November 2013 dates
15 November 2013
22 November 2013
29 November 2013
6 December 2013
13 December 2013
20 December 2013
June 2014 dates
6 June 2014
13 June 2014
20 June 2014
27 June 2014
4 July 2014
11 July 2014
Closing date for applications is 1 Month before start date.
This course may be eligible for funding on LBR programmes, supported by East Midlands LETB, a sub-committee of NHS East Midlands. Please check website for details at http://lbr.eastmidlands.nhs.uk
Further details, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BSc (Hons) Professional Practice