Government Maintenance Loans
Full-time students can apply for a Maintenance Loan of up to £8430 (for the 17/18 academic year) to help with living costs. Maintenance Loans are paid into your bank account at the start of each term.
Part-time students can’t apply for a Maintenance Loan.
The exact amount full-time students can borrow depends on:
- your family’s income
- where you live
- what year of study you’re in
- the course you will be studying
Please see the Directgov website for further information.
You may find it useful to look at the web links below for more information about student fees and funding:
- Student Loans Company
- Direct Gov
- Student Finance England (via Direct Gov website)
- Student Finance Wales
- Student Finance Northern Ireland
- Students Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)
- Student finance information
- Student Loans Company - Twitter
- Student Loans Company - Facebook