Terms and Conditions
- Information Liability
- Data Protection Queries
- Freedom of Information Publication Scheme
- Website Contacts
- Also see University Policies
The University of Lincoln makes every possible effort to ensure that the information published on its websites is accurate and up to date, but reserves the right to make amendments at any time and without prior notice.
The University provides hyperlinks to third party websites not affiliated with the University, for the convenience of users only. By linking to these websites the University of Lincoln in no way endorses the contents, views or information held on such sites.
To the fullest extent permitted by the law, the University of Lincoln nor any of its officers or employees shall be liable for any loss, additional costs or damage howsoever arising, suffered as a result of using the University's websites or hyperlinks provided to third party websites.
The points below relate to all data submitted to the University via our website:
- The University may use the data anonymously to monitor system efficiency or for statistical purposes
- Unless otherwise stated, all information submitted via our websites is held securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- We will not pass your details to third parties, unless we are legally obliged or allowed to do so
- If you are an international student, the University may transfer your personal data to one or more educational services companies who have been selected by the University to help us to keep in touch with enquirers and applicants, and provide information to them. By submitting your enquiry via any method, you are consenting to your data being used in this way. Both the University and its partner companies will maintain and process your data in accordance with the Data Protection Act. If you do not wish your data to be used in this was, please contact email@example.com.
Prospectus requests, open day bookings and requests for marketing information:
- We may use the information you provide to fulfil further requests for information and services, or to contact you with information that may be of interest to you
- Your information will not be used for decision making with regard to applications to the University
- If you are thinking of applying for a course at the University we will send you important information. Should you wish to stop using our service please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A number of online forms are contained within our web pages which are provided for your convenience, e.g. to aid you in requesting a Prospectus, in applying for information about, or attendance at, a University Open Day etc. The University of Lincoln does not automatically capture and store any personal information about the individuals who access its websites or web pages, unless this information is explicitly volunteered by the visitor. Any information you choose to provide using online forms is not matched to your use of our web site and your visits to our websites are therefore totally anonymous. The data obtained from some online forms will be stored in our Customer Relations Management system. We may contact you using this information in relation to your original communication.
The University website
We may occasionally set cookies as an aid only to the functionality of a website.
The Virtual Open Day and Open Day Booking systems may gather personal details on a voluntary basis only. This information will only be used in relation to your enquiry or to aid in the personalisation of your experience on these pages.
University of Lincoln websites use Google Analytics to inform us of statistical information about website performance and usage. Information gathered is anonymous and used only to gather statistical data about website usage.
Google set a cookie (Double Click 'id') as part of their ad serving platform. The information generated by the cookie about website usage will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers outside of the UK. Google uses this information for the purpose of evaluating our website's usage, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also share this information with third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
This payment site uses two cookies that are essential for the running of the site. These cookies only fulfil functional requirements relating to transactional processes. The cookies are:
- Site_Val, which is used to track the user's language e.g. Welsh
- ASPSESSIONID, which is used to track the user's session.
If you email us with a query, the information you provide to us will only be used to respond to your query, you will not be added to a mail list unless you request to be added.
As permitted by the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000 and by the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, the University may electronically scan any emails received for obscene, indecent and illegal remarks and content. The University may also scan any messages left in 'chat rooms', bulletin boards etc, provided on its Virtual Campus, websites or other computing facilities for similar material.
Where the University is convinced that there is proper lawful authority for the interception of communications, our policy is to co-operate fully with the relevant authorities. If, however, we are convinced that the authorities have exceeded their powers either deliberately or by oversight, it is the policy of the University to assist Data Subjects in any complaint to the proper regulatory authority.
If you have any questions or comments please email: email@example.com or write to:
Registrar’s Executive Officer and Information Compliance Manager
University of Lincoln
Further information about the University’s Data Protection Policy and its legal obligations can be found on the Portal at the following address:
Information about the University's Freedom of Information Publication Scheme and its legal obligations can be found on the Secretariat site:
FOI requests can be made directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All material published on the University of Lincoln's websites (unless stated otherwise), is the property of the University and must not be copied or distributed for any commercial purpose. This includes, but is not limited to, the University's logo, graphics, website design and contents.
The University permits the taking of copies of material published on its web pages for personal use only, in electronic or hard copy form, providing that the copyright notice, below, is retained on each copy. Making alterations to any of the pages, or using content in any other work or publication, other than for quotation purposes, will be a direct breach of the University's copyright and may result in civil action.
The University's prior written permission must be obtained for any other use of material contained in its web pages.